London is home to some of Europe’s biggest construction projects and is forecast to become one of the leading clients in the worlds for Construction, with large amounts of money invested in all sectors. Large Scale projects planned in the region include:
- The largest construction project in Europe.
- One of the largest single infrastructure investments undertaken in the UK.
- Over 40 construction sites with 10,000 people working.
- The first new complete underground line in more than 30 years.
- 42Km of tunnel due to be completed in 2015
- 10% extra increased rail capacity and 1.5 million extra people within 45 minutes of central London.
- More than 80,000 new homes needed in London
- £1.2 billion package to deliver 45,000 affordable homes by 2018
- 15 London boroughs have received an allocation of £404m to invest in housing.
CANARY WHARF SPREADS EAST WITH NEW TOWERS AND 3,000 HOMES PLANNED.
- Wood wharf projects gets green light.
- New towers and 3,000 homes planned.
- Permission granted for the construction of 30 buildings, compromising 4.0msquared feet of homes, offices and shops.
- Centre piece will be a 55 storey 211-meter cylindrical residential skyscraper.
THAMES TIDEWAY TUNNEL
- The biggest infrastructure project ever undertaken by the UK water industry
- Expected to rake seven years to build, at a cost of £4.2 billion.
EMBASSY GARDENS DEVELOPMENT
- London’s biggest regeneration project
- A new US Embassy to be build in Vauxhall, with an estimated cost of £620 million.
- The embassy’s move acting as a magnet for new investment in the area.
- Dutch embassy also to move to a new 50,000 sq ft site part of the Embassy Gardens project.
- At least another 4 diplomatic missions are considering relocating to Nine Elms.
- Plans for more than 230 skyscrapers in London – with the heights ranging from 20 storeys to more than 60, in central and suburban locations.
- a 73 – storey skyscraper is set to become the tallest residential tower in Britain.